He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Why Must We Preach Expositionally? » | Adoniram Anniversary » | 3ABC » | UAB Gets MIKE DAVIS » | In Word and Deed » | Clearer Claims about Church » | What is Church? » | Powerless Prayer » | Christians Rule? » | In Need of the Prince of Peace » 

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 

Ivory Tower


I live in the Ivory Tower; Add a brick for each page read

I scrub the walls white with each public prayer

And last nights assignment is where I get my daily bread

I live in the Ivory Tower; Add a brick for each worksheet done

I made an "A" on my paper, so "Look out St. Paul, Peter here I come"

I have a 4.0, I must have holiness second to none

I live in the Ivory Tower; Add a brick for each meeting made

I finished my reports and mentioned Jesus three times

Just don't ask me about how many people I see get saved

I live in the Ivory Tower; Add a brick for each slander suppressed

I sure am growing, I don't even hate you anymore

Aren't you lucky I'm in your presence, don't you feel blessed

I live in the Ivory Tower; Another brick just fell out

See, in public I say "TULIP" & "God is sovereign"

But when left alone to review the day, I panic and I doubt

I live in the Ivory Tower; Another brick goes tumbling down

I cannot live up to this calling

Those I call my brothers don't know me, & isolated I drown

I live in the Ivory Tower; Another brick plunges to the ground

I just had an evening with my wife, how nice

Too bad, the week's begun, now she's nowhere to be found

I live in the Ivory Tower; it's crumbling, I can get no rest

"Sorry to hear about your mom,

Excuse me now, I've got to go study for this test"

I live in the Ivory Tower; A whitewashed tomb, cold & dead inside

Too busy to repent &

So distant from your presence, by a simple video game I'm satisfied

I live in the Ivory Tower; A structure of program & of classes

Get me to graduation, so I can climb down & spread your glory to the masses

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Today's Verse


(e.g., John 1 or God's love)

Shizuoka City Weather (where I'd rather be)

Unreached People Groups

Previous posts

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page