He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Southern Baptist Dead » | Church and Politics » | Understanding the Underdog » | Jonathan Edwards in Ripley's » | LifeWay to Study Calvinism in SBC » | Billy Graham Believes » | Jesus Goes Old School » | Tyler & Thom » | Hi. I'm Harmless. » | Cain (So Long Eden) » 

Thursday, September 14, 2006 

Love His Bride

Upon listening to some bold preaching from an SBC pastor, I emailed him and told him how powerful and blessed his message was to me. But, as any young Southern Baptist would these days, I asked him the predictable and crucial question - "Hey, how do you preach so boldly in such a traditional, SBC congregation and not get fired?" His response in part is well worth public attention:

As far as surviving in SBC life I think a key is to genuinely love your people and teach from where they are when you arrive. Do not overreact to what you find but see it as a challenge to move your people closer to Christ as He is revealed in Scripture. Then, always know that your life and job are ultimately in the hands of God. He gives and takes away and He provides for His people so you can trust His providence.


Perhaps it hit me because the first part of his statement is something I've heard a couple times this past week from a friend, as well as our professor Dr. Lawless who said, "you have no right to criticize the church if you don't love it." May God give all His people, especially His ambassador shepherds a heart and love for the bride of Christ.

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page