He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | TULIP » | Burma Update - As many as 10,000 Feared Dead » | Japan's Child Population at All Time Low for 27th ... » | Pray for Burma - at least 351 Dead » | This Day in History in 1947 » | I'm Not Looking for a Hill To Die On » | My Blind Baby Girl » | Books I'm Looking Forward To This Year From Crossway » | The Rising Sun & Thoughtful Brothers » | Golden Week in Japan » 

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 

15,000 Dead & Counting

Falling in the Pacific Rim, the region the Lord just has caused my heart to deeply love, Myanmar/Burma deaths from the cyclone continue to swell. It is heartbreaking to read about & to watch footage of especially in a country that has been & continues to be raped by its own wicked regime/government. There is no adequate infrastructure to handle a problem of this magnitude.

BUT - as soon as I thought that it reminded me of the 2004 tsunami. Mindy & I had the chance to go in to Banda Aceh, Indonesia, a place that had been literally closed off to the outside world for decades. Staunchly Muslim, the utter destruction caused made the government have to open its doors to outside help. Enter Christian disaster relief efforts & a perfect bridge to the Gospel.

Pray that this destruction will be of such a magnitude that it will cause the government to have to open the door to outside aid & help & that Christians would be the first ones in - yes, to improve their physical lives & help them recover, but primarily to testify to the new life that will reconcile them to their God.

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page