He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Music Lyric Monday » | Power » | Japan: The Gospel is More Rebellious than Skinny-J... » | Your Pastor Might Be a Dirty SBC Calvinist If... » | Ten Reasons for Contentment » | Asia: Gospel Profile » | Senior Adult Choir Hip Hop » | Lost Language Discovered by Linguists in NE India » | Do You Learn to Love? » | Life of a Japanese Christian » 

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 

It's a Giants Thing - You Wouldn't Understand

My San Francisco Giants are World Champions! Ever since I was 7 years old & laid eyes on my first sports hero, Will "the Thrill" Clark, I have loved & followed the Giants. I remember my dad went to LA on a business trip & came back with a laminated 8X10 photo of Clark which is classic - going to LA, Dodger nation, & bringing back a Giants souvenir! That was 24 years ago - & I have watched the Giants get swept in the Series in '89, be 6 outs away in game 6 of the '02 Series only to blow that game then lose game 7 & the Series. I remember 1993 when they won over 100 games & still were beat out of the playoffs by the Braves on the last day of the season. Since baseball was my first sports love, my passion for all my pro sports team is highest for San Francisco.

And you get a lot of junk for being a Giant fan from the Southeast. You're supposed to be a fair weather Braves fan. But now, finally, the torture is over! (don't take torture literally, that was the Giants nickname for their brand of winning this season - close, tight, gutsy games). Until the pennant series & the World Series that is!

So to Rick Brady, the only living human being I've ever met who is a Giants fan too - I play the playoff anthem of our World Series Champions, The San Francisco Giants! All the weird references have actual meaning, but, it's a Giants thing, you wouldn't understand:


About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page