He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Music Lyric Monday » | Christian Faces Death Sentence in Iran » | 4 Things Never to Do With Evil » | 8 Things to Do With Evil » | Answer: For the Glory of Jesus Christ » | Why Does God Not Restrain Sin More Often? » | Love or Self-Pity or Rage? » | Sin Succeeds in Glorifying God » | Music Lyric Monday » | War Eagle! » 

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 

Dead or Alive?

Somewhere between 1-2 months ago, I was walking back home quite dejected, frustrated, & even angry about several things. I said to myself in my head, "I'm done. I give up. I'm going to just quit living for any dreams or anything for myself & I'm going to live to make sure my children have their chances. I'll live for them only now."

But I got about halfway through the first sentence of thought before I was convicted by the Spirit inside of me. Clear as day the thought came, "weren't you supposed to do that a long time ago, but for Jesus?" I was basically saying, "I'm going to die to myself & live for my children." But supposedly, I died to myself 10 years ago & Christ became my life.

Perhaps, that's the reason for so much frustration...I'm too much alive. A dead man has no dreams or expectations or outcomes to long for. And to live for good things, even our children, is far too less a thing than living for Christ. And the good news? Dying to self & living for Christ allows us to find our lives & actually live, & it is to much greater advantage to our children, neighbors, & nations around us to live in Christ than if we strove to live for them!

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page