He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Music Lyric Mondy » | August 6, 1945, Hiroshima & the Atomic Bomb » | Fight the Power » | Don’t Complicate the "Missionary Call" » | The Dash » | Music Lyric Monday » | Disaster Highlights Plight of Japanese Orphans » | History: The World Missions Made » | American Religion History: Mission Reflux » | MacArthur, Missionary » 

Thursday, August 18, 2011 

Domestic Adoption Story

There are days when I weep about leaving Japan. It will hit me from time to time - this is my last July as a resident in Japan. That was my last Cherry Blossom Festival to enjoy as a resident. In a matter of months, several short weeks, I will no longer have the opportunity, challenge, & privilege of walking among the world's second largest unreached people group trying to be salt & light in such a hardened and dark culture. I cannot explain the feeling, when sharing with a Japanese who has never heard before, that you feel when the Holy Spirit takes over & is speaking for you, answering things you weren't prepared for, the feeling of being poured out, even when time after time it lands on concrete hearts.

In full disclosure, there are certainly days when I also feel ready to kiss the challenges of living here goodbye & I am eager to be among a fellowship of believers, stirring one another up to good works, being impacted by the Gospel in a community, hopefully shepherding and caring for His flock by making disciples while also supporting and encouraging His shepherds.

But when I think about the primary reason we are returning, to pursue adoption, the sadness of leaving Japan quickly leaves. On that note, get your tissues ready; I came across this video this week & wept & rejoiced at what God is doing in the hearts of his children by moving them to care for widows & orphans. Watch, be challenged, & rejoice - it is the earthly picture of His love for us:

Johansson Interview on Vimeo.


About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page