He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Five Questions for a Missionary » | Pray for Terengganu, Malaysia » | Are We All Missionaries? Redefining the Mission fo... » | You Don't Know What You Don't Know » | The Divorce Between Head and Heart » | Once by the Pacific » | Are the Metro-Evangelicals Right? » | O Holy Night - Literal English Translation from th... » | Now Why This Fear? » | Don't Complicate the Missionary Call » 

Friday, July 26, 2013 

"Go, Preach my Gospel, Saith the Lord"

In Francis Wayland's two volume biography of the life and labors of Adoniram Judson, he writes how a young Judson's, about 7 years of age, favorite hymn was then "Go, Preach my Gospel, Saith the Lord," by Isaac Watts. Considering Judson was not converted until he was a young man, you cannot help but delight in God's providence, that this favorite hymn of Judson's was to be a divine foreshadowing of his life and call to come. Here are the lyrics to a missionary hymn, indeed:

Go preach My Gospel, saith the Lord,
Bid the whole earth My grace receive;
He shall be saved that trusts My Word,
He shall be damned that won’t believe.

I’ll make your great commission known,
And ye shall prove My Gospel true,
By all the works that I have done,
By all the wonders ye shall do.

Go heal the sick, go raise the dead,
Go cast out devils in My name;
Nor let My prophets be afraid,
Though Greeks reproach, and Jews blaspheme.

Teach all the nations My commands,
"I’m with you till the world shall end;
All power is trusted to My hands,
I can destroy, and I defend.
He spake, and light shone round His head;
On a bright cloud to Heav’n He rode;
They to the farthest nations spread
The grace of their ascended God.

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page