He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Ivory Tower » | Why Must We Preach Expositionally? » | Adoniram Anniversary » | 3ABC » | UAB Gets MIKE DAVIS » | In Word and Deed » | Clearer Claims about Church » | What is Church? » | Powerless Prayer » | Christians Rule? » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

Center of the Universe


by Scott Phillips ...worth listening to: download or hear it here

This is my best effort to transcribe the lyrics to this poignant reminder that Jesus is to be the center of the universe, not us. In light of my spirit collapsing amidst busyness, and a message from the Holy Spirit through the Word by a much admired friend from Matthew 7:24-27, I was reminded of this truth, that He is to be the center of my universe. When I do not stop frequently to commune with Him, to drink life from His Word, I'm going to take center stage, and I am only wretched, sick, feeble, and poor - my schedule being hectic is nowhere near the worst thing that could happen, yet I'm allowing it to replace not only time in the Word, but using it as an excuse to not practice and be obedient to the Word. And my only strength, joy, power, and ability comes only from Christ, the Father, and the Holy Spirit, as revealed through the living Word.

My problem is not that I live in an Ivory Tower, as written in my last post, my problem is that I am myself a white-washed tomb. Appearing clean and churchy, but dead, dry, disgusting on the inside. That the Word would bring life to this hard-hearted sinner again, and that I would return to my first Love. Be merciful to me, undeservedly, Lord God.

The SON, should no doubt, be the center of our universe.

There's only room for one of us
The Center of the Universe
And I know that you were there at first
In the center of the universe

Well I haven't seen or heard from You
In ages give or take a few
But I can't pretend I'm trying to
Long as I'm here instead of You

Well I can't remember the last time I cried
The last time I felt something moving inside me
Seems I've forgotten the fact that You died
Gave up Your own home, Stepped out from Your throne
In the center of the universe

I hope Your love is breaking in
Can penetrate this scarless skin
Melt down the ice and burn within
And take Your rightful place again

I can't remember the last time I cried
The last time I felt something moving inside me
Seems I've forgotten the fact that You died
Gave up Your own home, Stepped out from Your throne
In the center of the universe

There's only room for one of us
The Center of the Universe
And I know that You were there at first

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Today's Verse


(e.g., John 1 or God's love)

Shizuoka City Weather (where I'd rather be)

Unreached People Groups

Previous posts

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page