He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | North American Needs » | I Bet You Think This Verse is About You » | How Do You Listen in Church? » | Choosing Your Waiter (on Deacons) » | The Fear of Life » | Justin Taylor on Adoption » | Your Best Life Now? » | Globalization & the Gospel » | Verbose » | Superstar » 

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 

America Ain't the Church

I have been given much grief about my support of Ron Paul for president in 2008. Usually the arguments have gone something like this..."Ron Paul has crazy ideas." I say, "Really? Like what?" "I don't know, but my mom said he's crazy." But there have been some decipherable statements made like, "I don't like his isolationist ideas of not going & 'helping' other countries like we're doing in Iraq."

Well, to that Ron Paul would say, "The only proper way to go to war, the only legal way to go to war, the only constitutional way to go to war is to declare the war, by the congress, not by the president. The people should be behind it." Crazy dude...I know!

But I think Martin Luther King, Jr. said it best...

"Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as His divine messianic force to be -- a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgment, and it seems that I can hear God saying to America: 'You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power"

The only messianic force ordained for the world is His Church. And we go forth, not in missiles & might, but in weakness that confounds the world - the powerful proclamation of the Gospel.

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page