He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Schism (the Bible version of Fitna) » | God's Sovereignty & Prayer » | Deep Forgiveness » | The Hype Man » | 10 Ways to Help Kids Love Missions » | 2 Year Old Girl Answering Questions About Islam! » | 2 Year Old Sings The Lord's Prayer » | The Father's Love & the Joy of Jesus in Us » | A Savior Who Saves » | CHRISTIAN OBEDIENCE » 

Monday, April 14, 2008 

Pray for Missonaries Deep Thinking

Today T. was going over some of his stored things. He found some old sermon notes and remarked, "I used to preach better sermons than I do now." Can this be confirmation of Dad's fears? I've heard him say, "I think missionaries often fail to go on in the truth to deeper things," implying that the pressure of the work & the constant contact with primitive minds stultifies deep thinking in the Scriptures. God deliver me!

- March 6, 1952 journal entry of Jim Elliot, who became a martyr at my age

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page