He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Higher Gas Prices Saves Lives? » | Seeking God: or Reformed is not Enough » | Need Less, Love More » | Good News in Japan » | Japan: Filling the God Vacuum » | A Day Late & a Dollar Short: Christians & Politica... » | Why Are So Many Japanese Choosing Not to Raise Fam... » | Seeker Sensitive » | Born-Again Friend » | Ligonier Ministries Biblical Commentary Recommenda... » 

Saturday, July 12, 2008 

Only A Man

A few weeks ago my sister sent me this video to listen to a song she had heard at a Jonny Lang concert in Montgomery, Al. It was a powerful reminder to me about God's powerful saving grace in my own life, & it is beautifully portrayed through this simple song.

My sister wrote: "After early success touring with the likes of BB King, Aerosmith, etc, he had a huge conversion experience and wrote this beautiful song about it. The video is just something someone threw together, but the song is incredible."

She said this about the concert: "He was extremely humble. He gave the rest of his band much spot light time, always turning his back to the crowd to watch them play... and when the concert finished and the crowd cheered for another song, he played a simple & beautiful guitar solo of that song that goes "I love you Lord, & i lift my voice to worship you, oh my soul, rejoice, take joy my king in what you hear. may it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear."

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page