He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Cynicism vs. Hope » | Have You Heard the Good News? » | Controversy: Faithful in a Fallen World » | OH I CAN'T WAIT! » | I Can't Believe They Sell That in Japan! » | New Blog Entry » | We Don't Mind Being Foreign - We Just Don't Want O... » | This book has become one of the most important one... » | Where I Was on Saturday Night - That's Me Right Sm... » | Blurring the Boundaries » 

Thursday, June 25, 2009 

Makes Me Want to Cry

My dad has been keeping me up to date by links on some of the happenings in this years SBC 09 meeting. I think I cried a little when I read what Southeastern Seminary President Danny Akin said:

Great missionaries must be theologians, and truly great theologians will be missionaries.

Now, can we get some of these great theologians to the field? Yesterday? Pronto? Vamos? Put down your commentary...that's it. Shut your laptop - good boy! Ah, ah, ah, stop debating with your buddy on tertiary issues - hey! hey! - put down that latte!! And your iPod fully loaded with Piper...actually, go ahead & bring that & grab the commentary too. That's it . . . come on to the mission field! Give a decade!



HT: Michael Mckinley

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page