He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Bunyan on Grace » | Face of the Lost » | Dear Ishmael » | . . . Of Valentines and Boston Terriers » | Object of Affection » | Fear the Chuck » | Cain (So Long Eden) » 

Thursday, March 09, 2006 

C5 Style Boyyyyyyy!!

Yo, yo, yo, what up cyber space? Just cyber chillen like a villain in here. I've been thinking, "Dude, how can we ever expect post-modernism to embrace calvinsim, or what I prefer to call it, Biblicalism, with such irrelevant, stuffy terms as T.U.L.I.P? Cmon B, depravity, election, atonement, grace, perseverance - those terms are out like a gallon of expired milk is out my fridge, you know what I'm sayin?

So, I was like day-dreamin' bout this in Ethics, right - cuz payin attention in class is totally modernistic and "bad" old-school...it's dope to like, go you're own way, do your own thang, whatever speaks to your inner conscious the most. So there I was in the zone right, and I came up with a way for my post-modern peeps to follow along with what the Bible's screamin in a cool like jazz fashion. I call it "C" to the 5th power...or you may wanna call it C5, son.

Here it is:

Completely screwed up (Total depravity)

Chosen with my only qualification bein totally screwed up (Unconditional election)

Christ ain't no universalist, son! (Limited atonement)

Can't dis His grace, boyyyy! (Irresistible grace)

Christianity in you ain't stoppin even after your heart stops poppin (Perseverance of
the Saints)

Add up all the lines that start with C's and you get 5 of em, leading to the new, C5.

So long T.U.L.I.P, hello C5.

And don't forget to make Jesus your homeboy today.

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Today's Verse


(e.g., John 1 or God's love)

Shizuoka City Weather (where I'd rather be)

Unreached People Groups

Previous posts

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page