He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Persecution in Indonesia / Spurgeon vs. Emergent » | Center of the Universe » | Ivory Tower » | Why Must We Preach Expositionally? » | Adoniram Anniversary » | 3ABC » | UAB Gets MIKE DAVIS » | In Word and Deed » | Clearer Claims about Church » | What is Church? » 

Monday, May 01, 2006 

That Gospel Goodness

The Together for the Gospel personal highlights:

Dever on the pastor as a Postman...the job of the pastor in preaching is to simply faithfully deliver God's message to the people.

Singing along with 2800 men to simply arranged, God-glorifying hymns and songs with deep theology in the words.

CJ Mahaney's response to Dever's message and brokenness over the Gospel in his own life.

CJ Mahaney's transparency in his struggle to try and impress with his message and not serve the pastors with his message.

Mohler mentioning, along with the others, that his desire is to see the local church become again the place that prepares future pastors for ministry.

Getting lunch for free because the waitress forgot about our order. Then, getting dinner for free because a dear brother in Christ picked up the tab for four others.

The encouragement by the main 4 in the 1st night's panel discussion to find friends and co-laborers in the Gospel who can be partners in your life and community for the Gospel.

Mahaney's exhortation to always watch yourself in ministry.

Mahaney's response to why he's no longer a pastor...led him to discuss his desire to have a father in Christ type mentor, the never-ending search in my life that I've found in the past, but have not had since my earliest days as a believer.

Almost my favorite part: John Piper's entire address. That man is this generations gift of God to more fully show us God. Floored by his address. The weight of God's glory filled that room.

ULTIMATE PERSONAL HIGHLIGHT: Getting to catch up with my heroes and friends of the Christian faith and ministry. My pastor under whom I got saved, David King, my first associate pastor, Todd Howard (now 2 time associate pastor), and my first sunday school teacher as a believer, Jimbo Bass, though in Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia, were all there together. I got to spend every moment of free time listening in on their conversations on ministry, the Gospel, and the church. I also got to spend each moment of the day with them...from speakers to meals to late evening conversations, my soul was so blessed to catch up with them and to just be in their presence again. If only my best friend Aaron Martin could have made it, and my wife too, you could just go ahead and have put me six feet under because I would have been in Heaven. What a gift those once in a lifetime type relationships are, and how sweet, because of the Gospel, the Lord has made them.

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page