He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Petrified » | "Make Way" - Eat with Ethereal » | Ergun, My Brother » | Popularity & Comparisons » | Discerning Readers Want to Know » | Life Together » | Pureness even in Privacy » | Still Southern Baptist After All These Years » | If I Perish, I Perish » | Look Out Russ! » 

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 

God at Work

Jeremiah 1:4-19 records God's call of Jeremiah to be a prophet to the nations. Yet, what is amazing to me, is that it seems almost as if Jeremiah's call is God calling on Himself to accomplish the task. Notice God at work:

v. 5 - "I formed you" - "I knew you" - "I set you apart"
v. 7 - "I send you" - "I command you"
v. 8 - "I am with you" - "I will rescue you"
v. 9 - "I have put my words in your mouth"
v.10- "I appoint you"
v.12- "I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled"
v.14- "I am about to summon all the peoples"
v.16- "I will pronounce my judgments"
v.17- "say to them whatever I command you" - "or I will terrify you"
v.18- "I have made you a fortified city" - "I have made you an iron pillar" - "I have made you a bronze wall"
v.19- "I am with you" - "I will rescue you"

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page