He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Only A Man » | Higher Gas Prices Saves Lives? » | Seeking God: or Reformed is not Enough » | Need Less, Love More » | Good News in Japan » | Japan: Filling the God Vacuum » | A Day Late & a Dollar Short: Christians & Politica... » | Why Are So Many Japanese Choosing Not to Raise Fam... » | Seeker Sensitive » | Born-Again Friend » 

Monday, July 14, 2008 

Josh Hamilton

Wow. I've just watched history watching Josh Hamilton set the all-time record for home runs hit in the first round of the All-Star Home Run Derby.

This is the 2nd time I've watched Hamilton. The first time I watched him it was during an interview after hitting a game winning home run. He humbly gave glory to God. After setting the record tonight he was interviewed. He humbly gave glory to God.

His story is amazing. From this:

"Someone once paid a $2,000 debt to stop a drug dealer from harassing Hamilton. He remembers Hamilton's 24th birthday, May 21, 2005, as the "night from hell."

Hamilton dug ditches and swept model homes for Chadwick's company during his baseball exile. He showed up at an employees party and quickly grabbed a drink. Before the night was over, he ripped the rearview mirror off his truck, punched out the windshield and was twice stopped by police. Following the second incident, he was taken to jail. When he was released, Hamilton says he ran eight miles to an acquaintance's home."

To this:

And on this particular night, a little boy of about 9 or 10, wearing a Reds cap, handed me a pen and something to sign. Nothing unusual there, but as I was writing the boy said, "Josh, you're my savior."

This stopped me. I looked at him and said, "Well, thank you. Do you know who my savior is?"

He thought for a minute. I could see the gears turning. Finally, he smiled and blurted out, "Jesus Christ." He said it like he'd just come up with the answer to a test. "That's exactly right," I said.


- get the full story here

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page