He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Closing Note From Japan » | I'm Just Sayin... » | Are You Sure? » | Painting the Map Blue » | Paul Loves the Old Testament » | Under Cover of Night » | Significance & Limitations of Short-term Missions » | Death by Love - new book by Mark Driscoll » | Should We Be Rethinking Missions Training? » | The Purpose Driven DEATH » 

Monday, August 25, 2008 

Why It's Good to Work in the World

Over the last few months since graduating from seminary, I've been working in the real world at a major university. In the 3 months I've been working in a non-Christian enviornment, I have had more refining discussions & opportunities to share than I did in 4.5 years of ministry training. Here are some direct quotes that I've interacted with from my co-workers:

  • Tolerance is the greatest virtue
  • Jesus Christ was a hypocrite
  • Who are you to say a Muslim or Buddhist aren't on their own pathways to God
  • You should focus on your neighbors & leave other countries to themselves
  • Jesus only ministered to Jews
  • I hate Christians

Now the shocker is every quote from above & every co-worker of mine claims to be a Christian (even the 2 guys that say they hate Christians & the one who said Jesus was a hypocrite). It's just some warped version of their own "christianity" they follow. This has led me to pray, wrestle, & learn in a much more potent way than I ever had to in a sterile environment. It also has allowed me the opportunity to practice boldness with love & patience & it has allowed me to be salt & light.

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page