He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Missions. How? » | Shizuoka City Links - Weather » | SEIJIN-SHIKI (成人式) - Coming of Age Day in Japan » | Japan / Oceania 2009 Team with Willowbrook Baptist... » | Japan PM says Christians could Learn from Japanese » | "Yes, Lord." » | On Them a Light has Dawned » | Japan to Raise English Fluency » | Bible in 2009 - bibleplan.org » | January 09 Newsletter - Rainer » 

Thursday, January 15, 2009 

First, the Lord

I was starting to study my first bit of language homework this morning. I had woken up early by alarm (not as early as I originally set the alarm for), set out for a shower, got dressed, got a drink to keep my mouth from drying out as I worked on all the new words, made sure Melinda was doing okay with the baby for the next while, & then sat down to my notebook, flash cards, worksheets, & whiteboard.

Oh yea...then literally 3 seconds after sitting down I spotted my Bible. Despite the fact that my entire intention in waking early was to be in the habit of always starting the day off with the Lord, even before language, somehow, I had forgotten. I was about to take on the impossible task of learning Japanese on my own - in my flesh. Stupid is as stupid does.

But I'm grateful the Lord kept Himself first, even when I didn't. I pushed away my Japanese & prayed. Then I opened the Word. In Proverbs 16, it was just another reminder, since the Lord knows I need those regularly:

"The plans of the heart belong to man,but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." - Proverbs 16:1-3

It's great to know that the God of our redemption is also the God of our sanctification, & that even when we forget, He is faithful, He will surely do it (1 Thess. 5:24).

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page