He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | Allowed to Raise Some Missions Questions? » | Men be Men: Do Missions » | 9Marks E-Journal on MISSIONS » | CJ Mahaney: The Cup » | Al Mohler: Live Dangerously » | Makes Me Want to Cry » | Cynicism vs. Hope » | Have You Heard the Good News? » | Controversy: Faithful in a Fallen World » | OH I CAN'T WAIT! » 

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 

Stop Thinking About Yourself!

Dear Me:

The glory of the Gospel is that it was accomplished outside of us on the Cross and that the righteousness that counts for me in heaven before the Holy Judge is a righteousness outside of me. Christ is my righteousness. In Christ his righteousness is commended to the Father. I stand clothed in Christ—his righteousness is my only hope.

One of the hardest things in dealing with introverted, introspective, depressed, and insecure people who every time you give them a promise divert this way and deflect that way and can’t wear it. Ultimately, there is only one answer for them—the miracle : “Would you please stop thinking about yourself? Lets pray that God will set you free from the curse of the condemning mirror and begin to think of Christ.

Your measuring up will never happen on planet earth. You will never be good enough. Ever, ever, ever. Relax, you will never be good enough. There is One who has been good enough and only One. And He has died as to climax to that obedience such that your sins have been taken and the righteousness you so long to have has been provided perfectly in Christ before the Holy Judge.

God looks you upon it and says ”I count you perfect and all that are in you my Son and you may be in Him by simply falling on Him.”


- John Piper

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page