He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

« Home | In the Works » | Sanctification: The Calvinist Way? » | King-ly Preaching » | If This Blog Had Theme Music » | Loving People » | The Power of the Word of God » | Jesus Keeps His Promise His Way » | No Government But the Holy Spirit » | Go Figure (or - the Devil's in the Details) » | Why I Want Out » 

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 

Prove Your Conversion First

You begin at the wrong end if you first dispute about your e1ection. Prove your conversion, and then never d0ubt your election. If your cannot yet prove it, set upon a present and thorough turning. Whatever God's purposes be, which are secret, I am sure His promises are p1ain. How desperately do rebels argue! `If I am elected I shall be saved, do what I will. If not, l shall be damned, do what I can.' Perverse sinner, will you begin where you should end?


- Joseph Alleine

About me

  • I'm DR
  • From Exiled
My profile

Links

The Bible Challenge


Test your knowledge of the Bible

This Day in History
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible 9Marks Ministries
Locations of visitors to this page